Get your portion of protein with this scrambled tofu peas masala mix. This mix can be made many ways, but we mainly make it by shredding or grating the tofu using the grater.
This masala mix is made with extra firm tofu, that has the exact same texture as cottage cheese or paneer. Shredding tofu on a box grater gives it a fluffy, light texture, and the smaller, shredded pieces readily absorb the flavor from sauted veggies and seasonings.
You can use finely chopped onions if you wish, but I love to use long sliced onions. Cooked on medium high heat, slightly burnt, turned dark brown gives this dish a deep and savory flavor.
This dish can be made with gravy, using lots of tomatoes or drier version like this one, where you do not have to use too many ingredients, and it gets ready in less than 30 minutes.
Whenever we are stuck for what to cook for dinner, this is our go to dish. Try it next time you are stuck for dinner ideas.
If you happen to make this tofu peas masala mix, please upload on Instagram and hashtag #recipearoma. Iâ€™d love to see your creations
Tofu Peas Masala MixCourse: DinnerCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
This scrambled tofu peas masala mix is made with extra firm tofu, peas and mild seasonings. Fluffy, light texture of shredded tofu readily absorb the flavor from sauted veggies and seasonings.
1 cup shredded Tofu
1 sliced Onion
1/2 cup Peas
2 Garlic Cloves (grated)
1 tbsp Ginger Root (grated)
2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
2 tsp Paprika
2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Heat Olive Oil in in saucer pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds. Stir for about 5 seconds. Add ginger and garlic. Stir for about 10 seconds or until raw flavor of ginger garlic has gone.
- Add sliced onions. Let it cook for about 2 minutes until translucent or light brown. Add salt, turmeric and paprika. Stir for about 10 seconds.
- Add shredded tofu, peas and soybeans to the mix. Mix properly with a wooden spoon so that all the ingredients are mixed really well.
- Cover with lid and cook on low medium heat for about 20 minutes, while stirring every 5 – 7 minutes, so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Enjoy with rice or bread.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?