Stuffed with red peppers, garlic and cream cheese, these mushrooms are perfect appetizer or food item for a family gathering, or a picnic. You only need a handful of ingredients, and best thing is you can make the stuffing with any food items you have available in your fridge or pantry.
Delicious and Juicy Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
I am not a big fan of mushrooms, but some dishes made certain way make them taste so delicious. Stuffed mushrooms is one of my go to snack whenever I want something quick and easy.
These delicious stuffed mushroom are soft baked and so juicy when done. It only takes a handful of ingredients to make these and it doesn’t take too long to make them.
What I love about this recipe?
You can make so many variations of the stuffing. So every time you use the different stuffing, you will think you are eating a different dish. Since we make it vegetarian or vegan, we make it with variety of veggies every time.
You can use boiled potatoes seasoned with spicy herbs, or garlic ginger and onion stuffing. Simply experiment and see which version you like the best. This one is a delicious combination of cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, red peppers and garlic.
Perfect Appetizer or Food Item
These stuffed mushrooms are a great appetizer, especially for special occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas. You can even prepare the stuffing two days ahead of time and refrigerate. When you are ready to eat them, simply heat it up and stuff the mushrooms with the mix and bake.
To clean the mushrooms properly, wash them and drain in colander. Then clean them with damp paper towel.
We use olive oil to keep the recipe healthy. You can try adding cayenne pepper to the garlic mixture, which gives just perfect amount of kick to this recipe.
If you like to add some green, sprinkle the stuffed mushroom with chopped cilantro before putting it into the oven.
These stuffed mushrooms are so delicious and easy to make snacks that every time you serve these to your small group of people, these are sure to disappear fast.
Mixed Veggie and Garlic Stuffed MushroomsCourse: SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Stuffed with red peppers, garlic and cream cheese, these soft baked mushrooms are perfect appetizer or food item for a family gathering or a picnic.
12 Mushrooms whole
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Garlic minced
1 package Cream Cheese softened
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
2 tbsp Onions finely chopped
2 tbsp Red Peppers finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Chop stems extremely fine. Discard hard end of stems.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place onions in the warm olive oil. Saute until golden brown. Add garlic, red peppers and chopped mushroom stems. Cook until tender.
- Stir in the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese to the garlic and mushroom mixture.
- Mix it until you have a very thick, rich and flavorful mixture. Spoon this mixture into each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing.
- Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese and cilantro on all the mushroom caps.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes in the oven, or until the mushrooms are very hot.
- You can prepare the stuffed mushroom mixture ahead of time and refrigerate, bake later when you have company.
- You can make the stuffing with variety of different vegetables and seasonings.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?