These iron rich spinach dip toast bites are flavorful snacks that are quick and easy to make, and it takes only two main ingredients to make these. Made with bread toast dipped in spinach dip, these are perfect appetizer for your next party and sure to become your family favorite, especially your little picky eaters.
Do you have a little one that doesn’t like to eat everything you make? These little picky eaters make mama work a bit little much so that they can come with up with a food item their little ones will eat.
If you are one of those moms or dads, these spinach dip toast bites are perfect to try next time you are browsing for a healthy snack.
These spinach dip toast bites are made with two main ingredients:
Spinach and Whole Green Lentils. And with all the flavorful seasonings you will use to make this recipe, your little ones will not even realize that they are eating so much nutrition filled snack in few bites.
Whole Green Lentils: Like other lentils, these lentils are rich in irons and folate, low in calories, and excellent source of protein. They pack health-promoting polyphenols and may reduce several heart disease risk factors. The best part is they can be easily cooked in 10 – 20 minutes.
Spinach: This superfood is very healthy and is an excellent source of iron, zinc, dietary fiber, calcium, antioxidants and potassium. Because it is a healthy source of iron, it helps create hemoglobin which brings oxygen to body’s tissues.
These crunchy, delicious and healthy toast bites are our go to snack for parties, potlucks or picnics. Try it once, and you will fall in love with this super healthy, full of energy and nutrition rich snack.
Our lo calls these green bites. and asks for more as soon as he finishes his servings in his little plate. Can’t blame him, right? These are too good not to ask for more!
Spinach Dip Toast BitesCourse: SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
These iron rich spinach dip toast bites are flavorful snacks that are quick and easy to make, and it takes only two main ingredients to make these.
2 cups Baby Spinach shredded
1/2 cup Whole Green Lentils
1/2 tsp Salt (adjusted according to taste)
2 tbsp Olive Oil for shallow frying
4 slices Brown Bread
pinch of Black Pepper
- Soak whole green lentils in water for overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Place the soaked whole green lentils and washed spinach and a blender and blend until smooth and creamy paste forms.
- Transfer the spinach dip to a medium bowl. Add salt to taste. Set aside.
- Put the skillet on stove and let it warm up for a few minutes. Pour a small amount of olive oil on your skillet to shallow fry your spinach toast that we are going to prepare in the next step.
- Take a slice of bread and spread a thin layer of paste on one side of the bread. Place the pasted side of bread on the skillet.
- While the bread is getting toasted, spread the spinach spread on the other side of the bread. Pour a few oil drops on top of this spread and flip the bread to cook this side.
- Toast the bread until the surface looks little dried up.
- Transfer the toast to your serving place and cut in half. Sprinkle with black pepper. Serve warm.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the toast.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?