These dark chocolate covered kiwifruit pops are healthy and delicious treats that are perfect to enjoy on a hot summer day! Not only are these super delicious but so healthy they offer number of health benefits because of the two main ingredients it takes to make these.
These pops are made with two ingredients: Dark Chocolate and Kiwifruit.
Kiwifruit provides with daily Vitamin C needs. As you know, vitamin C has an important role for the proper development and function of the body.
They are a natural source of potassium and contain as much potassium as a medium banana. It is also one of very few natural sources of folic acid, needed in pregnancy and growth.
Two kiwifruit contain about the same amount of fibre as a bowl of bran flakes.
Dark Chocolate is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet. Not only that, it is rich in fiber, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese and a few other minerals.
These kiwi popsicles covered with dark chocolate are extremely easy to make. It takes only two ingredients and once made you can enjoy as many pops as you want, without feeling any guilt.
To make 8 kiwi pops, you will 2 kiwifruit, dark chocolate chips, coconut oil and some lollipop sticks.
To make these pops, simply peel two kiwifruit. Slice into 8 thick slices with lollipop stick in each slice. Line a baking sheet or cutting board with parchment paper.
Place on the parchment paper. Repeat with rest of the slices. Freeze them for an hour or so.
Dark Chocolate: Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil. You can also use double boiler or microwave to melt chocolate. I used the microwave to melt it.
Place the dark chocolate chips or chocolate bark with coconut oil in the microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until chocolate is melted.
Take out the frozen kiwifruit from the freezer. Dip each kiwi pop in the melted chocolate completely. The melted chocolate will dry fast because of the frozen kiwi.
If you want a layer of peanuts or walnuts, you can sprinkle both sides with your favorite topping. I sprinkled mine with slightly ground peanuts.
Once all the kiwi pops are dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with nuts, place them on the parchment paper again and freeze for another 20 minutes or so.
Results: Absolutely delicious healthy chocolate pops that you won’t be able to stop at eating just one. There, you have been warned. Eat at your own discretion. Enjoy the delicious treat on a hot summer day!
Dark Chocolate Covered Kiwi PopsCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These dark chocolate covered kiwifruit pops are healthy and delicious treats that are perfect to enjoy on a hot summer day!
1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
8 Lollipop Sticks
- Peel and cut each kiwifruit into 8 thick slices.
- Place lollipop stick into each round slice. Line baking tray with parchment paper. Arrange 8 kiwi slices with lollipop sticks on the baking tray and freeze for 1 – 2 hours.
- Melt the dark chocolate: Place dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave safe bowl. Place the bowl in microwave and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until chocolate is melted.
- Take out the kiwi slices from the freezer.
- Dip each kiwi pop into the chocolate mixture. The chocolate will become crispy instantly as soon as it covers the kiwi pops.
- Sprinkle both sides with ground peanuts or your favorite topping.
- Enjoy it on the hot sunny summer days!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?